If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Crop Production Advisor
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is accountable to meet and exceed annual sales goals and profit margin objectives of CPS products and services.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
- Implement on-farm based sales strategy to promote CPS products and services
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
- Develops and maintains effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customer with whom the company can profitable to do business
- Provides timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers. Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions.
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- May be required to keep records and prepare reports on sales activities
- Solid knowledge of CPS product offerings including features, benefits, and uses
- Ability to interpret soil, tissue and water analysis
- Initiates trials that will support marketing efforts
- Researches and responds to technical inquiries
- Performs other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
- CCA or P.Ag. accreditation is a definite asset, but not required
- Strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly at APPLY ONLINE. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.