If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is about achieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
Job ID# 2017-5376
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the sale and distribution of agri-products and services.
- Assists in the daily operation of the Branch
- Maintains facility assets in a safe manner
- Provides customer service for internal and external customers
- Complies with all CPS and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Unloads, loads and delivers agri-products
- Participates in the inventory management and control procedures
- Makes recommendations to enhance performance of equipment
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, and/or maintenance contractors performs equipment repair and maintenance
- Operates in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Keeps equipment and facilities clean, well-maintained and free of fire hazards
- Performs the responsibilities of other regional operations positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations. This may require cross training in various positions
- Performs other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function. Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered.
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years operational experience
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid class 3 or 1 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.