Crops Division Sales Manager
Location: Eastern Ontario
Our client is a growing, profitable and well capitalized full-spectrum farm supply business located in Eastern Ontario. They currently seek a Crops Division Sales Manager. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Crops Division Sales Manager is responsible for the development and execution of all sales and marketing programs, in support of volume and profitability goals for the company.
This key role includes business management and personnel management responsibilities, and is accountable for growth in market share of all crop input products and services.
Specific areas of accountability include:
· Develops, supervises, and leads the Crop Sales Specialists and staff to follow coordinated goals and objectives in order to grow the business and develop profitable professional relationships with customers.
· Coaches and mentors sales staff to achieve their targets by implementing reporting and accountability systems which assist the sales team in achieving profitable sales targets and delivering acceptable margins.
· Monitors, coordinates, and leads sales activities, product needs, and service requirements with the company and independent customers to ensure maximum sales opportunities, margins, efficiency, and synergy.
· Provides leadership in achieving profit objectives and communicates plans and targets to all sales staff and management.
· Coordinates all aspects of the fertilizer, seed, crop protection and custom spraying business on a continuous basis.
· Participates in developing price lists, sales programs, sales prospects and customer incentives to achieve or exceed sales budgets and margin objectives.
· Disseminates sales programs, inventory, and product information to the professional sales force and customers on a regular basis to promote products and stimulate sales.
· Organizes appropriate training for sales staff (in-house and external, CCA, CCS etc.) to provide them with effective sales strategies and techniques, as well as develops and communicates the sales incentive program to all Crop Sales Specialists.
· Coordinates and initiates plot tours, crop days, educational customer meetings and public relations events on behalf of the sales team with the goal of promoting products and services.
Key qualifications to ensure your success in this position include:
· Degree or Diploma in agricultural science or business, or a related science or business field.
· Five or more years of sales experience and an additional five or more years in a leadership or management capacity.
· Must have French/English bilingual language skills.
· Proven sales leadership and problem solving skills.
· The ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, relationships, identify producer needs, make whole farm proposals, and demonstrate strong closing techniques.
· Proven ability to utilize organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure maximum productivity and manage time more effectively.
· Proven ability to operate on strategic and tactical levels within the organization.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, incentive program, benefits, vehicle and more.
If the opportunity to continue to grow a business while supervising a team of highly effective personnel appeals to you, then apply today.
Contact Mike Bachner, Managing Partner and Recruiter- Eastern Canada, at AgCall Human Resources 519-284-2793 (toll free 1-866-519-2793) for additional details. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered for this role.
AgCall Human Resources
Canada’s Premier Agrifood Industry Recruitment Firm
Toll Free Confidential Phone: 1-866-519-2793
Apply on line at: www.agcallhr.com
Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered.
Eastern Canadian Office: 12 Margaret Court, P.O. Box 1031, St. Marys, ON, N4X 1B7